BMA threw one of the biggest Member Parties (in recorded history) on December 10 when over 225 people descended on the Oskar Blues’ Oak Room for mingling, fun, tasty tacos from Cyclhops and Oskar Blues beverages. Oskar Blues generously supported BMA by donating the space and everyone’s first drink, thank you Oskar Blues!
Despite the Oak Room’s hard to find front door, 98.2% of guests made it to the party. One member said, “It was like a secret rave. We all made it to the parking lot, but then people were just wandering around asking, ‘Do you know where this BMA party is?'” Search parties are still looking for the 1.8% lost folk but current theories support that they are now living happily at the Tasty Weasel.
Party goers had a great time but also took care of some serious business. Seven new volunteers (and 2 returning board members) were voted to the BMA Board of Directors. Next, board president Marcus Popetz kicked off a paddle raise fundraiser with a $2,500 donation. Supporters followed suit and over $17,000 was pledged for BMA’s Colorado Gives Day fundraiser!
It was a great night to celebrate BMA’s 2019 successes:
- Amazing new kids/beginners riding area at Heil Valley Ranch (Schoolhouse Loop)!
- “Fun forward features” at Heil’s Wapiti trail! Six new kickers that kick ass put in for your jumping pleasure!
- Fun, flowy new connector trail at West Mag that is helping tie the trails together like a nice rug on the Dude’s floor (Short Stack)
- Great Grate! New cattle grate at Coal Seam trail in Marshall Mesa gets you one step closer to never falling over when you try to open a gate and can’t unclip.
- Sustainability facelift on the Doudy Draw trail!
- BMA Programs: Bike Patrol, Group Rides, Skills Clinics and Brute Squad
Click on image to see full gallery
Images by Richard Hackett