There’s a lot of trail-related news to share.
- Eldo to Walker – This trail is the highest priority planning project (besides FEMA) in 2018. We have Boulder County Park & Open Space (BCPOS), Open Space and Mountain Parks (OSMP), and Eldorado Canyon State Park agreeing on the goals of this effort. We expect a public process to present the findings before the end of 2018.
- Toll Trail – Planning for this trail, which will create a link from West Mag to the Jenny Creek trail, effectively connecting Nederland with Winter Park, continues. A cultural resource inventory must be completed and then the trail alignment will be locked down. BCPOS hopes to begin construction in 2019.
- Dirty Bismark – BCPOS will install more cattle grates on the Boulder Country section of the 15-mile loop.
- Boulder Creek Bike Path – Boulder County plans to extend the Boulder Creek Path to Chapman Drive while they overhaul CO119 from Boulder to Nederland. The design of the path extension includes two underpasses. The project is scheduled to start in 2019.
- Hall 2 – Progress is being made to realize the vision of this addition to the trails at Hall Ranch. With the opening of a new bridge over the South St Vrain River just outside of Lyons, we are one step closer to getting our process started. Once quarry reclamation is complete, BCPOS will take control of the property. Stay tuned for more information in the coming years.
- Picture Rock – September 22 will mark the 10-year anniversary of this awesome trail. We’re working with BCPOS to plan a celebration on National Public Lands Day, which coincidentally falls on September 22.
Some of these projects have been in the works for over a decade. If you are interested in helping create and maintain even more trails, join us. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.