September 22, 2008 – After hundreds of volunteers and thousands of hours trail building, we opened Picture Rock Trail to the public. Ten years later, it has held up well.
That’s reason to celebrate!
BMA is teaming up with Boulder County Parks and Open Space (BCPOS) and Oskar Blues to mark the occasion. On Saturday, September 22, 2018, exactly ten years after the ribbon-cutting ceremony, we are hosting a social on-trail event to be followed with a party at Oskar Blues Grill & Brew.
Come out and ride with the people that love this trail!
- Trail event: 11 am – 3:30 pm
- BCPOS will be serving B Stiff Root Beer at the Picture Rock/Wild Turkey junction, aka the Brian Stiff Memorial.
- BMA will be doing bacon hand-ups and other treats from the picnic table. And for those of you who volunteered to build or maintain Picture Rock, we have something special for you.
- Party at Oskar Blues: 3:30 pm – ?
- Since the event coincides with Oktoberfest, event participants will get one free beer and brat, plus entertainment by an oompah band and a stein holding contest, where the winner gets one free beer per day for a year at any Oskar Blues establishment.
Keep in mind
Inviting the public to come celebrate on a singletrack trail on a Saturday will be a very different trail experience. You’ll encounter many others that love this trail during this event. Take time to share your stories and enjoy the company of others while we start this trail’s second decade.
The creation of this trail was the culmination of 12 years of effort. It also marked the moment when BCPOS trail crews matured into world-class trail builders and BCPOS management “got it” when it comes to building a sustainable, fun trail. We think that’s reason enough to have a party.
Register to join the fun
We need to have a rough idea of how many people are coming. Also, to mitigate parking woes at the parking lot, park close to Oskar Blues in Lyons.