SKILLS CLINIC: Progression Session – Climbing & Descending
Thursday, July 14 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
MTB Skills Clinic
Progression Session: Climbing & Descending
WHO THIS CLINIC IS FOR
You’ve been mountain biking long enough to be comfortable on singletrack trails. You know how to shift and brake and are comfortable at a trail area like Betasso. You want to get better at getting up, over and down natural trail features like rocks, roots and logs.
Living in Colorado, it seems we’re always going up or downhill. In this clinic for more experienced riders, you will continue to find ways to improve your riding. We will spend the beginning of the class reviewing Foundation skills and then apply these skills to navigating up and down rock features throughout the park.
Classes are limited to 12 participants.
What You’ll learn
- Navigate roots, logs, and rocks in both directions
- Perform wheel lifts for clearing obstacles
- Apply climbing and descending techniques
- Roll down large drops and land air-off drops
- Dismount while climbing or descending
- All riders MUST wear a helmet, and have a trail-ready bike.
- Gloves, layers, and additional padding is encouraged.
- You should have decent basic bike control.
- Your bike should fit you and be in good working order.
- Minimum age to participate is 14 years old.