SKILLS CLINIC: Progression Session – Cornering
Thursday, September 29 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
MTB Skills Clinic
Progression Session: Cornering
WHO THIS CLINIC IS FOR
You’ve been mountain biking long enough to be comfortable on singletrack trails. You know how to shift and brake and are comfortable at a trail area like Betasso. You want to learn the skills you need to corner confidently.
You’ve mastered a lot of skills, but now you’re looking to ride that twisty trail more smoothly or faster. In this clinic designed for adept riders, you’ll discover how to corner with confidence in tight switchbacks and rail corners at trail speeds. We will spend the beginning of the class reviewing Foundation skills.
Classes are limited to 12 participants.
What You’ll learn
- Perform high-speed cornering
- Tackle berms
- Corner at low speeds for tight switchbacks
- Master track stands
- Develop vision to look through the turns
- All riders MUST wear a helmet, and have a trail-ready bike.
- Gloves, layers, and additional padding is encouraged.
- You should have decent basic bike control.
- Your bike should fit you and be in good working order.
- Minimum age to participate is 14 years old.