- This event has passed.
SKILLS CLINIC: Women’s MTB Foundations – Beginner
Monday, April 10 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
MTB Skills Clinic
Women’s MTB Foundations
WHO THIS CLINIC IS FOR
You are a women who is new to cycling or mountain biking. You haven’t done much riding on singletrack trails and may still have questions about shifting, braking and basic bike handling.
We’ll move through the skills you need to get started and apply them on beginner features at Valmont. This is an introductory class at the novice level.
What You’ll learn
- Brake properly
- Shift to the correct gear
- Ride with balance and body-bike separation
- Climb and descend on trails
- Steer and corner
- Performing basic front wheel lifts
- Roll down small drops
- All riders MUST wear a helmet, and have a trail-ready bike.
- Gloves, layers, and additional padding is encouraged.
- You should have decent basic bike control.
- Your bike should fit you and be in good working order.
- Minimum age to participate is 14 years old.