SKILLS CLINIC: MTB Foundations – Intermediate
Wednesday, April 12 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
MTB Skills Clinic
MTB Foundations: Intermediate
WHO THIS CLINIC IS FOR
You’ve been mountain biking long enough to be comfortable on singletrack trails. You know how to shift and brake and are comfortable at a trail area like Betasso. You’ve either never taken a skills clinic or want a refresher. While this is not a sequel to the Beginner clinic, it would be appropriate to take this class if you’ve taken Beginner and want to reinforce and refine the same skills.
This clinic covers the same fundamental mountain bike skills as MTB Foundations: Beginner but is tailored to intermediate riders. We’ll move through skills at a faster pace and practice on bigger obstacles and features.
What You’ll learn
- Ride with balance and body-bike separation
- Brake effectively and clear obstacles
- Roll down drops of about a foot and hone other trail skills
- Approach small jumps and drops
- Corner and ride berms
- Perform basic wheel lift techniques
- All riders MUST wear a helmet, and have a trail-ready bike.
- Gloves, layers, and additional padding is encouraged.
- You should have decent basic bike control.
- Your bike should fit you and be in good working order.
- Minimum age to participate is 14 years old.