- This event has passed.
SKILLS CLINIC: June Women’s MTB Series
Thursday, June 9 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 5:30 pm on Thursday, repeating until Thursday, June 23, 2022
MTB Skills Clinic
WOMEN’S MTB series
WHO THIS CLINIC IS FOR
This clinic is for novice riders who don’t have much experience with mountain biking but are ready to dive in!
In this four-week (Thursday, 6/2, 6/9, 6/16, 6/23) novice-level clinic, you’ll be paired with a BICP certified to cover MTB Foundation Skills and climbing, descending and cornering techniques. This is an introductory class at the novice level. You will learn and practice new skills during the first three sessions at Valmont, then take it on the trail for the final session!
What You’ll learn
- Ride with balance and body-bike separation
- Brake properly
- Climb and descend on trails
- Shift to the correct gear
- Steer and corner
- Performing basic front wheel lifts
- Roll down small drops
- All riders MUST wear a helmet, and have a trail-ready bike.
- Gloves, layers, and additional padding is encouraged.
- You should have decent basic bike control.
- Your bike should fit you and be in good working order.
- Minimum age to participate is 14 years old.