- This event has passed.
SKILLS CLINIC: June MTB Series
Wednesday, June 9, 2021 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 5:30 pm on Wednesday, repeating until Wednesday, June 23, 2021
MTB Skills Clinic
COVID-19 INFORMATION: To keep our volunteers and participants safe, clinics will be limited to 7 participants. Social distancing (and face coverings when closer than 6 feet) will be required at all times.
In this four-week (Wednesdays 6/2, 6/9, 6/16, 6/23) novice-level class, you’ll be paired with a BICP coach to cover MTB Foundation Skills and more advanced climbing & descending and cornering techniques.
What You’ll learn
- Ride with balance and body-bike separation.
- Brake properly.
- Climb and descend on trails.
- Shift to the correct gear.
- Steer and corner.
- Performing basic front wheel lifts.
- Roll down small drops.
- This is an introductory class at the novice level.
- All riders MUST wear a helmet, and have a trail-ready bike.
- Gloves, layers, and additional padding is encouraged.
- You should have decent basic bike control.
- Your bike should fit you and be in good working order.
- Minimum age to participate is 14 years old.