- This event has passed.
SKILLS CLINIC: Women’s 2 Part Clinic with The Elevated Alpine
Wednesday, April 27 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
An event every day that begins at 5:30 pm, repeating until Wednesday, April 27, 2022
MTB Skills Clinic
2-Part Women’s-Only Clinic
This women’s only 2 evening clinic at Valmont Bike Park will focus on the fundamentals. We’ll then apply the fundamentals to tackle bigger enduro-style obstacles like the 3′ drop on the medium slopestyle line.
Rain dates: Tuesday May 17 & Wednesday May 18 from 5:30-7:30
Who is this clinic for?
This clinic is for women who have been mountain biking for at least a season and are ready to take their riding to the next level. Riders should be comfortable at a trail area like Betasso or North Table Mountain and want to advance to the Hall Rock Garden or Floyd Hill with confidence.
What You’ll learn
- Cornering at high and low speed
- Wheel lifts while climbing
- Body positioning for technical descents
- Small to medium drops
- All riders MUST wear a helmet, and have a trail-ready bike.
- Gloves, layers, and additional padding is encouraged.
- You should have decent basic bike control.
- Your bike should fit you and be in good working order.
- Minimum age to participate is 18 years old.
- Classes are limited to 15 participants.