- This event has passed.
SKILLS CLINIC: Full Day on the Trail
Saturday, June 19 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
MTB Skills Clinic
Full Day on the Trail
COVID-19 INFORMATION: To keep our volunteers and participants safe, clinics will be limited to 7 participants, social distancing (and face coverings when closer than 6′) will be required.
BMA’s Full Day MTB clinic combines all of BMA’s skills classes into a full day. This clinic is intended to slow down and give more time to learn, practice, and get the drills done right. It covers all of the skills necessary to be a solid mountain biker.
Clinic is limited to 6 participants. 2 instructors per class.
What You’ll learn
- Ride with balance and body-bike separation.
- Brake properly.
- Climb and descend on trails.
- Shift to the correct gear.
- Steer and corner.
- Performing basic front wheel lifts.
- Roll down small drops.
- Navigate roots, logs, and rocks in both directions.
- Perform wheel lifts for clearing obstacles.
- Apply climbing and descending techniques.
- Dismount while climbing or descending.
- All riders MUST wear a helmet, and have a trail-ready bike.
- Gloves, layers, and additional padding is encouraged.
- You should have decent basic bike control.
- Your bike should fit you and be in good working order.
- Minimum age to participate is 14 years old.