- This event has passed.
SKILLS CLINIC: Women’s Full Day on the Trail
Sunday, July 17 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
MTB Skills Clinic
Full Day on the Trail
WHO THIS CLINIC IS FOR
Ladies, you’ve been mountain biking long enough to be comfortable on singletrack trails. You know how to shift and brake and are comfortable at a trail area like Betasso. You want to get better at getting up, over and down natural trail features like rocks, roots and logs.
BMA’s Full Day MTB clinic combines all of BMA’s skills classes into a full day. Our 2 hour clinics jam a lot information into a short time. This clinic is intended to slow down and give more time to learn, practice, and get the drills done right. It covers all of the skills necessary to be a solid mountain biker with enough time to practice and understand the skills while out on the trail.
In the morning you’ll learn the fundamentals of mountain biking like body position, weight distribution, and bike setup.
In the afternoon we’ll cover more advanced techniques like wheel lifts, braking, cornering, climbing, and descending.
This class will make you a more competent and confident rider who can navigate obstacles with ease.
This is an intermediate class.
Clinic is limited to 6 participants.
What You’ll learn
- Ride with balance and body-bike separation
- Brake properly
- Climb and descend on trails
- Shift to the correct gear
- Steer and corner
- Performing basic front wheel lifts
- Roll down small drops
- Navigate roots, logs, and rocks in both directions
- Perform wheel lifts for clearing obstacles
- Apply climbing and descending techniques
- Dismount while climbing or descending
- All riders MUST wear a helmet, and have a trail-ready bike.
- Gloves, layers, and additional padding is encouraged.
- You should have decent basic bike control.
- Your bike should fit you and be in good working order.
- Minimum age to participate is 14 years old.