SKILLS CLINIC: WOMEN’S MTB SERIES
August 20 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 5:30 pm on Thursday, repeating until August 27, 2020
MTB Skills Clinic
MTB Foundations: Level 1
COVID-19 INFORMATION: To keep our volunteers and participants safe, clinics will be limited to 6 participants, face coverings and social distancing will be required at all times.
In this four-week women’s novice-level class, you’ll be paired with BICP certified coaches Kelsey and Diane to cover MTB Foundation Skills and more advanced climbing & descending and cornering techniques.
What You’ll learn
- Ride with balance and body-bike separation.
- Brake properly.
- Climb and descend on trails.
- Shift to the correct gear.
- Steer and corner.
- Performing basic front wheel lifts.
- Roll down small drops.
- This is an introductory class at the novice level.
- All riders MUST wear a helmet, and have a trail-ready bike.
- Gloves, layers, and additional padding is encouraged.
- You should have decent basic bike control.
- Your bike should fit you and be in good working order.
- Minimum age to participate is 14 years old.