- This event has passed.
SKILLS CLINIC: Progression Session – Hucks & Drops
Wednesday, September 22, 2021 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
MTB Skills Clinic
Progression Session: Hucks & Drops
You’re an intermediate+ or advanced rider, ready to get it in the air. In this clinic, designed for more experienced riders, you’ll discover how to perform larger drops with confidence and learn the basics of getting into the air with basic jumping skills.
To attend this clinic you should be confident on your bike with a solid understanding of basic skills (our Fundamentals and Climb & Descend classes are a great place to start). You must be able to demonstrate a ready/attack position at the beginning of class and have a working knowledge of various kinds of wheel lifts.
What You’ll learn
- Review Intermediate Climb and Descending skills
- Manual and bunny hop
- Multiple ways to drop off obstacles
- Proper landing position and technique for drops and jumps
- Safely approach a jump and boost the lip to get higher in the air
- All riders MUST wear a helmet, and have a trail-ready bike.
- Gloves, layers, and additional padding is encouraged.
- You should have decent basic bike control.
- Your bike should fit you and be in good working order.
- Minimum age to participate is 14 years old.