- This event has passed.
TRAIL BUILDING: Crew Leader Training
Saturday, May 7 @ 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Crew Leader Training
RESCHEDULED FROM APRIL 30
Want More Fun Trails? We get there with more trained volunteers leading more volunteer events to make more trails that are fun and improving our existing trails to be more fun. Sound good? Then read on!
Are you interested in learning more about trail building, maintenance and managing volunteers? BMA is offering volunteer trail crew leader training to people who want to take their skills to the next level!
- Designing, building, and constructing new trail while explaining your process.
- Recognizing existing trail issues and prescribe solutions.
- Showing competence in leading volunteer groups.
- Understanding needs and constraints of different land managers.
- Recognizing Best Management Practices for multi-use trails along the Front Range.
Our first crew training will take place in Lyons with Trails Program Director Mike Rutter. We’ll spend the morning in the classroom and the afternoon riding and talking about the Picture Rock trail.
BMA wants to invest in YOU! In addition to learning all the skills you need to confidently build bike-optimized trails leading volunteers, we’ll set you up with some sweet swag and gifts. In exchange, we ask you commit to our training program including 5-10 in the field trainings which may include public volunteer events.