Boulder’s Annual May Take a Kid Mountain Biking Day at Valmont might have been canceled this year, but you can still celebrate the occasion on Saturday with your family and friends.
IMBA Take a Kid Mountain Biking Day (TKMBD) is an annual event that seeks to introduce the joy of mountain biking to the next generation. Created in 2004 and recognized by the U.S. Congress, TKMBD is officially celebrated every year on the first Saturday in October.
Kid Friendly Rides
Got a little grom that’s just starting out? These rides are for true beginners, including little ones on balance bikes (roughly in order of difficulty).
- Valmont Bike Park
- Marshall Mesa – Mayhoffer-Singletree out and back
- Heil Valley Ranch – Schoolhouse & Overland Loops
- Boulder Valley Ranch – Left Hand trail with optional Eagle/Sage loop
- Erie Singletrack (West Side)
- Heil Valley Ranch – Picture Rock trail to the picnic table
- Mud Lake – Kinnickinnick & Tungsten Loops
Events around the Front Range
- October 10 – TKMBD at Ruby Hill hosted by Trips for Kids Denver, COMBA, Front Range Mountain Biking Foundation and Denver Parks and Rec
Customize Your Ride
Print your own Race Number or Rider Card to celebrate.
Share the Stoke
Post pictures on social media with #TKMBD and #boulderBMA